Sunday 20 November 2011

Truly Blessed

Im sitting here reading 'Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway!'

The first part of this book is the same as most, two pages of acknowledgments... I cant ignore the fact that I have so many amazing people in my life. My acknowledgements page would be a book in itself! I just suddenly felt compelled to speak about them. I cannot mention them all because to be honest everyone I choose to have in my life is of course in my opinion AMAZING! 

Firstly, it's an unwritten law that you shouldn't get on with your mothers in law (monsters in law) but I do! I consider myself to have three, not because I have loads of partners, but because each one of them is too precious to ever let go! Each one of them, a strong woman in her own right.

One has never had anything handed to her on a plate, she works hard for everything she has, and never moans she just keeps on giving (sometimes too much) but for someone that could have written me and my family off years ago, she is ever loyal and I've shared with and turned to her in some of the most testing times in my life so far. I love you.

Onto the next mother in law. I met you before I met Ollie, and you instantly struck a cord with me. GLAMOROUS doesn't even do you justice. You are one of the people that I love to spend time with. Your wisdom and advice have steered a direction into my life. You are linked to my third mother in law (not just because you have both loved the same man!) because you both tell stories that hold my attention, make me laugh, cry and dream. The wisdom between you both is never ending. You both have a drive and passion within you that encourages me to do better and keep going no matter what anyone thinks. If I want an opinion I can guarantee I will seek both of yours. I love you both.

My past employers. I know I must have annoyed you at times because I was still finding my way, but I really grew as a person in the couple of years I worked with you. You both shared with me separately, and in part, your life stories. Both of you have worked for everything you have from scratch. I'd love to share with everyone what you have shared with me, but to sum it up, no matter where you come from, the tragedies you may face, the people you have to come up against - believe in your dream and yourself and you will be successful. If you need any sort of beauty treatment make sure you go to these guys, www.omarosabeauty.co.uk. My old boss was the FIRST and ORIGINAL beautician to make threading popular in this country - FACT!

One of my gorgeous friends that picks a goal and before you know it she's completed it! I am one of the worlds biggest procrastinators. Im gonna do this and that and the other, ask anyone, I have ideas as much as I have dreams each night, which is great but out of everything I declare about 20% gets done. I have one friend who has gone out and got everything she's ever declared she's going to have. Honestly from owning her own house to whacking a beautiful conservatory (on a shoe string budget) onto the back of it, to changing her car for a bigger, better one in the space of a week, this girl doesn't procrastinate , she just wants, dreams and does.

To my buddy, she finishes my sentence before I've figured out the right words to complete it! We were born on the same wave length and she's always adored me. Her dream was (and is) far beyond 'normal' people's desires. She's been far from what she wants and up against harsh critics in her personal life. She has been left on her own at times when she needed people the most. But from a power deep within she is well on the way to achieving her dreams. And if you see 100 people on stage performing, she'll be the one wearing the biggest smile. Im your biggest fan.

Most of us have amazing people in our lives. They shape the person you are, they are there through the best times, and the worst. Normally the ones you love the most are the ones that annoy you the most. If you didn't love and value them, you wouldn't care enough for them to irritate you. I don't really like feminists (sorry!) In my house the kitchens mine and ollie you best do that garden! But I do have amazing, strong, fabulous women in my life. I haven't even mentioned half of them, but I know I'm truly blessed.

Who are the people in your life that have shaped you?

Last mention is to my girl who gave birth this week after a LONG LONG labour. You once never thought it possible to hold your own child in your arms, but you have him now and deserve every minute of being a mother. Congratulations and well done.

Never give up on your dreams and draw your strength from the amazing people God put around you.

Until next time,
Lot's of love
Naomi Claire xxx

   

No comments:

Post a Comment